I would like to cover this topic in very short and crisp manner to attain the business revenue with organic traffic on your e-commerce website.
Firstly you need to start with research – Keyword Research and Competitor Research, before doing any SEO activity.
Research is the most important part of SEO. Targeting the wrong keywords can ruin your campaign by generating low-quality traffic and few conversions, and no business revenue.
Section 1: Research
There are three primary areas you need to focus on when conducting keyword research:
- Find keywords for your homepage and product pages
When it comes to optimising the most important pages of your website, you should consider relevancy, search volume, and ranking difficulty.
- Pinpoint keywords for blog topics
Creating blog content can assist in ranking your e-commerce business for additional keywords that might not have a place on your main website. Plus, you can capitalise on long-tail keywords with your blog.
- Avoid keyword cannibalization
Keyword cannibalization occurs when multiple pages of the same website are trying to rank for the same keyword.
- Which keywords are your main competitors going for?
- Where are they getting their links?
- What is their site architecture like?
- From a strategy perspective, how can you differentiate your website?
Section 2: Identifying Current Problems
- Quickly Find Site Errors
- Determine Your Website Speed
Section 3: On-Page Optimisation
When it comes to on-page optimisation, there are eight key targets you need to focus on:
- Keyword Optimization
- Site Structure
- Internal Linking
- Mobile Version of Website
- Customer Reviews
- Rich Snippets
- Social Media Integration